The ResLife Program has been developed to enrich your University experience by delivering activities that promote social responsibility, personal achievement, community spirit and self-development. There are six teams, consisting of RAs, Residential Associations and residents who together represent the ResLife Program:
Your time at University is a life-changing one, and it’s important to support the very reason why you are here. Your university coursework and assessments can be a pretty big change from the type of learning you have done previously. Here at the Colleges we encourage you to tap into the wealth of experience and advice from fellow residents, and the support services that are available on campus.
- Group study sessions
- Faculty dinner and dessert nights
- Faculty lists identifying residents in similar schools or courses
- Study Skills and Professional Skills workshops
- Awards and recognition for academic achievement
- ICC Academic Shield
We are here to make sure that there are social activities that will cater for everyone's tastes. The Associations and your RA team will do their best to get you involved with after hours activities and events that will bring out the social butterfly in anyone.
- Special screenings of key sports events
- Interest groups – travel, arts and craft, cult movies
- Casual afternoon lawn games and board game evenings
- College BBQs
- Formal Dinners and College Balls
- Floor and Block functions
- ICC Shield Dinner
- Smart Consumer Choices
- Supporting Local Produce with trips to the Farmers Market
- Bike Ecology – build and maintain your own bicycle, it’s a great way to get around campus!
- EarthHour and GreenWeek
- Education, awareness and promotion on the proper use of recycling and waste management
- Community Garden
- A Waste As Art category is now included in the ICC Arts Shield
We live in an amazing, diverse community and you all contribute to to make it the place that it is! Our Cultural area celebrates not just our ethnic diversity, but the sharing of our life experiences, what they bring to our residential community, and skills and talents in the arts.
- Multicultural Pot Luck Dinner
- Arts and Craft workshops
- Music jam sessions
- International and Domestic Buddy program
- Language Conversation groups
- World Movies
- ICC Arts Shield
For many people, the time at College is the first time away from home. No one is going to be washing your laundry, or those dirty dishes. ResLife are here to help you tackle this, what is hopefully not gaint leap into adulthood. Look out for our ResLife workshops being held throughout the year aimed at building your life skills.
Health and Wellbeing
There’s only so long you can run on minimal sleep, partying, 2-minute noodles and chocolate. Look after yourself and this year is going to be much more enjoyable, not only on a personal level, but will assist you in how well you handle your studies and your coursework. ResLife promotes a holistic approach to health encompassing physical, mental, and spiritual wellbeing.
- Wellness workshops – nutrition, combatting stress, healthy living
- Casual sports equipment for use with your mates
- Sexual health information
- Mental health support
- Walking and running groups
- ICC Sports Shield